Friday, August 6, 2010

Friday 56


The Friday 56 idea came to me from A Simple Love of Reading

The Rules:

*Grab the book nearest you. Right now.
*Turn to page 56.
*Find the fifth sentence.
*Post that sentence (plus one or two other if you like) along with these instructions on your blog or (if you do not have your own blog) in the comments below.
*Post a link along with your post back to this blog.
*Don't dig for your favorite book, the coolest, the most intellectual. Use the nearest.

Here's mine from The French Lieutenant's Woman by John Fowles:

So the rarest flower, forgiveness, was given a pecarious footing in Marlborough House; and when the doctor came to look at the maid, and pronounced green sickness, Mrs. Poulteney discovered the perverse pleasure of seeming truly kind.


3 comments:

Kelly said...

Just hopping by to say, hi.
Kelly Bookend Diaries
http://bookenddiaries.blogspot.com

Lisa Richards/alterlisa said...

(\___/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
Hey! Just hopped by and thought I'd stop and wish you a great weekend. Thanks for stopping by my blog. I think the hop is a marvelous way to meet bloggers both old and new. I too have been a bit slack on my blogging duties. My last chick leaves for college shortly and we have been busy packing and dragging out stuff from the garage and attic. She is moving into an apartment after 2 years in a dorm and thank goodness this will be the last movie for three years.
http://lisaslovesbooksofcourse.blogspot.com/

Lisa Richards/alterlisa said...

I'm following you as I'm interested in reading more of your reviews. Can't wait to see what others are in store for your Birth Year Challenge. Me, I don't do challenges. Not to say I'll never do them but as a fairly recent semi retired empty nester, I've promised myself only to read what I want, when I want.