Friday, August 13, 2010

The Friday 56



If it's Friday, then not only is it time for the Hop, but it is also time for the Friday 56 (a bookish meme brought to me by A Simple Love of Reading).

Here are the Rules:

*Grab the book nearest you. Right now.
*Turn to page 56.
*Find the fifth sentence.
*Post that sentence (plus one or two others if you like) along with these instructions on your blog or (if you do not have a blog) in the comment section of this blog.
*Post a link on your post back to this blog.
*Don't dig for your favorite book, the coolest, the most intellectual. Use the CLOSEST.

Here's mine from Death of a Dude by Rex Stout:

And it stayed no, though I spent ten minutes trying to budge her. I returned the sawbuck to my wallet. It wouldn't have done any good to double it or even make it a hundred; she wasn't going to risk being asked questions in the courtroom even if I swore on ten saddles that she wouldn't have to.


3 comments:

Grad said...

Stopping by on the hop! What a coincidence, my secretary was just telling me how much she loved Rex Stout only yesterday! An omen!

brandileigh2003 said...

Just hopping by to say hello! I am following and can’t wait to read more from your blog. Check out my FF post

BrendaC said...

Following you from Follow Friday. Drop in and check out my blog if you get a chance at kittycrochettwo.blogspot.com
Have an awesome weekend!