ATTENTION CHALLENGE PARTICIPANTS

2015 Editions of the Color Coded , Mount TBR and Vintage Mystery Bingo Challenges--as well as Read It Again, Sam (due to popular demand)-- have been posted. I am also introducing my newest brain-child: Super Book Password. Please check it out!

As in the past, I will post sidebar links for sign-up posts as well as review headquarters once the new year begins.


Some of Bev's Favorite Quotes...



Thursday, December 23, 2010

Best of 2010 By Month

Saw this at Blkosiner's Book Blog (who found it at Phantom Paragrapher). I thought it a good idea, so I'm adopting it for a post of my own. Here's the best of the books I've read in 2010 by month. I have picked two books per month. I didn't start blogging until late April, so there are no reviews before that. Reviews may be found by clicking book titles.

January:
Murder on a Midsummer Night by Kerry Greenwood ***Death at the Alma Mater by G.M. Malliet ***

February:
A Beautiful Blue Death by Charles Finch ***
The Scandal of the Season by Sophie Gee

March:
Lord Minimus: The Extraordinary Life of Britain's Smallest Man by Nick Page
Musical Mysteries: From Mozart to John Lennon by Albert Borowitz

April:
The Inklings of Oxford: C. S. Lewis, J.R.R. Tolkien & Their Friends by Harry Lee PoeFoul Matter by Martha Grimes

May:
Dreaming of the Bones by Deborah Crombie ***Literary Murder by Batya Gur ***

June:
The First Saint Omnibus by Leslie Charteris (Two posts, so two links) ***The Elegance of the Hedgehog by Muriel Barber

July:
Travels with My Aunt by Graham Greene
I Sing the Body Electric by Ray Bradbury

August:
Damnation Alley by Roger Zelazny
I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings by Maya Angelou

September:
Katherine by Anya Seton
The Divine Comedy 1: Hell by Dante Alighieri (trans by Dorothy L Sayers) [actually all three parts]
The Divine Comedy II: Purgatory by Dante Alighieri (trans by Sayers)
The Divine Comedy III: Paradise by Dante Alighieri (trans by Sayers & Barbara Reynolds)

October:
To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee
The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde

November:
Death by Water by Kerry Greenwood ***
One Step Behind by Henning Mankell ***

December:
India Black: A Madam of Espionage Mystery by Carol K Carr ***
A Foreign Affair by Caro Peacock ***

3 comments:

brandileigh2003 said...

YAY! You did end up posting =)

I love lists!

Bev Hankins said...

@brandileigh2003: Lists are always a lot of fun. Thanks for posting first.

Marce said...

Nice list. I did a post about my favourite reading month for 2010.