Monday, August 29, 2011

Bout of Books Read-a-Thon: Wrap-up




I had signed up for the Bout of Books Read-a-Thon running from August 22-28 and hosted by On a Bookbender. I listed my planned reading on my official starting line post. I wanted to knock out at least six books. On that count, I succeeded! Six books read!

Here was my planned reading:
1. Shatterday by Harlan Ellison (classic SF from the 70s)
2. Lady Audley's Secret by Mary Elizabeth Braddon
3. Lucky Jim by Kinglsey Amis
4. The Arrow by Christopher Morley
5. Middlemarch by George Eliot (if I'm brave enough)
6. Parnassas on Wheels by Christopher Morley

And here is what I actually got done:
1. Shatterday by Harlan Ellison (8/23/11) [318 pages]
2. Lady Audley's Secret by Mary Elizabeth Braddon (8/24/11) [286 pages]
3. The Arrow by Christopher Morley (8/25/11) [85 pages]
4. The Name on the Bracelet by Margaret Sutton (8/27/11) [216 pages]
5. Lord Peter Views the Body by Dorothy L Sayers (8/28/11) [253 pages]
6. DeKok & Murder on Blood Mountain by A C Baantjer (8/28/11) [189 pages]

Plus:
I finished 89 pages of Middlemarch by George Eliot.

Total page count: 1436

2 comments:

Amanda @ On a Book Bender said...

Congrats on accomplishing your goals! Hope you had fun in the process! :)

Gina @ My Precious said...

Great job on reading 6 books for the Read-a-Thon. I'm impressed. Its funny how you strayed from your planned reading list, isn't it funny how that always seems to happen.

Here's mine:

http://thecallawayfam.blogspot.com/2011/08/bout-of-books-read-thon-wrap-up.html