Sunday, September 4, 2011

Labor Day Weekend Book-Binge


So...my hubby talked me into a Labor Day Weekend cruise in his '66 Mustang yesterday. We took a journey up to the Mayberry Cafe (total Andy Griffith Show theme)....and melted all over the car's red interior. The '66 Mustang has NO air-conditioning other than the natural sort and the air was none too cool out there. BUT as a carrot to get the reluctant wife into the car (my enthusiasm for the car does not match the hubby's), we made two side-trips to used bookstores and I came away with eleven "new" books!

Here's my book-binge loot:

The Murd
er Game by Steve Allen: I've been curious to try these mysteries by the former radio and television personality.

The Mind-Murders by Janwillem van de Wetering: Kerrie over at Mysteries in Paradise has me looking for all kinds of mysteries set abroad since we started our Crime Fiction on a EuroPass journey.

DeKok & Murder on the Menu by A. C. Baantjer: Ditto.

The Adventures of Creighton Holmes by Ned Hubbell: It's amazing the things I'll bring home just because they have some
connection to Holmes. This is supposedly about the adventures of the great detective's grandson.....


Beast in View by Margaret Millar: This has been on the To-Be-Owned list for a long time. Not a first 1st edition, but a Bantam 1st edition printing.
(Mine is in much better condition.)

Singing in the Shrouds by Ngaio Marsh: One of the few Marsh books I haven't read.

The Door AND The Yellow Room by Mary Roberts Rinehart: It's Ryan at Wordsmithonia's fault that I'm now binging on buying Rinehart books. The Yellow Room was a Dell 1st edition find. Hurray!


Accent on Murder by Frances & Richard Lockridge: This is one of my favorites and up till now I didn't own a copy.


Elephants Can Remember AND Murder in Mesopotamia by Agatha Christie: Two Christies that I didn't have and haven't read for a very long time. Just needed to have them.....



2 comments:

Tea said...

Even without the red mustang I would luv to visit a used bookstore right this minute. So fun. Glad you bought a good stash.

neer said...

All the trips that you have been taking to used books stores lately have made me quite envious. :)