Saturday, September 3, 2011

Read Your Own Books Challenge


Susan at WastePaper Prose is hosting this challenge where you read your own books in the month of September. For more details visit the link here: http://www.wastepaperprose.com/2011/08/i-read-what-i-want-in-september.html

This isn't a difficult challenge to join in on....I was planning on working on the books in my personal TBR stack anyway. I've got quite a few from the owned piles that are signed up for other challenges. This challenge will help me whittle that pile down.

I will list the books read below:

1. Perelandra by C. S. Lewis (9/2/11)
2.
The Devil's Dictionary by Ambrose Bierce (9/5/11)
3. Parnassus on Wheels by Christopher Morley (9/5/11)
4. Beast in View by Margaret Millar (9/6/11)
5.
The Future Adventures of Sherlock Holmes: Scroll of the Dead by David Stuart Davies (9/7/11)
6. The Blood Detective by Dan Waddell (9/8/11)
7. Great British Detectives edited by Martin H Greenberg & Edward D Hoch (9/9/11)
8. Interview with the Vampire by Anne Rice (9/13/11)
9. Strong Poison by Dorothy L Sayers (9/15/11)
10. Five Red Herrings by Dorothy L Sayers (9/17/11)
11. Detection Unlimited by Georgette Heyer (9/21/11)
12. Middlemarch by George Eliot (9/27/11)
13. A Chapbook for Burnt-Out Priests, Rabbis & Ministers by Ray Bradbury (9/28/11)



3 comments:

Paulita said...

Hmmm. Now, I don't do reader challenges, so maybe that's why I'm confused. Is the idea to read books of your own choosing rather than rising to the challenge of other people? Or do you only read books that you physically own, as opposed to the library, etc? Am I just being dense?

Bev Hankins said...

I think the idea is to focus on your own books. Those who came up with it felt like all they were reading were review copies sent to them and not reading books they had picked up "just because."

I'm using the read my own books idea to help me read the books I own that will also count for the multitude of other challenges I've signed up for.

DT said...

I think it is a great idea. So many of us need to read the books that we own because we just keep buying more and more books!

http://www.deadtreesandsilverscreens.blogspot.com