Saturday, September 10, 2011

Saturday Snapshot: September 10


Saturday Snapshot is a meme hosted by Alyce at At Home with Books. All you have to do is "post a photo that you (or a friend or family member) have taken and then leave a direct link to your post in the Mr. Linky on [her] blog. Photos can be old or new, and be of anything as long as they are clean and appropriate for all eyes to see. How much detail you give is up to you." All she asks is that you don't just post random photos that you find online. (Click pictures for close-ups.)




As we prepare for the tenth anniversary of the 9/11 terrorist attacks tomorrow, I wanted to post these pictures from Battery Park, NYC in memory of all those who lost their lives that day. As the plaque states, the sculpture originally stood in the Plaza of the World Trade Center.


15 comments:

Trish said...

*tears*

that's amazing - thank you for sharing.

Paulita said...

That's impressive. It must have escaped the carnage that day, but I'm sure that it was touched by debris that filtered down from the collapsed towers. Thanks for sharing.

Alyce said...

I've been to NYC but somehow missed seeing that. It is a wonderful sentiment as a memorial.

Christine Rains said...

Wonderful sentiment. That's amazing.

BookGal said...

Thanks for sharing this.

bermudaonion said...

Thank you for sharing these photos. It's a day we'll never forget.

Anonymous said...

That's very nice, and my thoughts to everyone on the 10th anniversary of those horrible events on 11.sept.2001.

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

Amazing! Thanks for sharing...and for visiting my blog.

(Diane) Bibliophile By the Sea said...

How appropriate; I loved these.

Mary (Bookfan) said...

Thanks for posting these pics. I know I'll never forget.

Vicki said...

Even after 10 years, thinking about 9/11 still brings tears to my eyes!

Thanks for sharing this photo!

gautami tripathy said...

This made me emotional. We in India are having bomb blasts in a routinely basis. The Govt is too soft to do anything.


Here is my Saturday Snapshot post!

Leslie (Under My Apple Tree) said...

I was unfamiliar with the story of the sphere. I found a picture of it before it was damaged for comparison. It's amazing that it survived. http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/6/6b/Sphere_before_Sept_11.jpg

Carol said...

Thanks for sharing this.
A fitting tribute Sat snapshot.

carol

Debbie Rodgers said...

I saw this at Battery Park in May 2003 and was very moved. Thanks for sharing it.