Sunday, September 4, 2011

Typealze My Blog

Saw this little tidbit over on My Head Is Full of Books (who found it at Morsie Reads). I've done the Myers-Briggs tests before...can't remember what it typed me as (a lot of good it does to do it and not remember, huh?). This little link will type your blog: Typalyzer

So, I plug it in and here's what I get:

The analysis indicates that the author of http://myreadersblock.blogspot.com/ is of the type:

ESFP - The Performers

The entertaining and friendly type. They are especially attuned to pleasure and beauty and like to fill their surroundings with soft fabrics, bright colors and sweet smells. They live in the present moment and don´t like to plan ahead - they are always in risk of exhausting themselves.

They enjoy work that makes them able to help other people in a concrete and visible way. They tend to avoid conflicts and rarely initiate confrontation - qualities that can make it hard for them in management positions.


My Take on This:

First paragraph...I agree with friendly and I do like beautiful things. I'm not all that into bright colors (maybe it should have read "bright fabrics and soft colors") and I'm not really into sweet smells. As for "Don't like to plan ahead"???? This is the girl who complains because her husband's family NEVER plans ahead and is always telling us about doing stuff at the very last possible moment. So far...not so much on the accuracy thing.

Second paragraph....gonna have to claim that one. I'd say it's right on target on all points. Love my job (that would be my actual job & not things that have been tacked on here and there)--helping the grad students make their way through from entry to job placement. Love working with them. And, yeah, I hate confrontation and can't ever see myself in a management position.

There was also a little chart that went along with this....but I cannot get it to copy and paste or show up for anything. But it has me charted WAY low on the thinking side of things. Yep. That's right, I don't put ANY thought into my blog. None.

So...how accurate is it about you?



2 comments:

J F Norris said...

That was an insanely fast analysis. It must look for certain words in the first page of your blog. I got nailed as "INTP- The Thinkers." It included this telling line: "Since they are not very good at seeing and understanding the needs of other people, they might come across as arrogant, impatient and insensitive to people that need some time to understand what they are talking about." Sorry, to say this is very true of me now. Oh, the shame.

J F Norris said...

But I must add in my defense that if I were to take the Myers-Brigg test the imaginative, intuitive and feeling sides would be revealed in a higher proportion than they do in the brain chart that accompanied the blog analysis. I am an analytical literary critic and don't often talk about my personal opinions so I think the blog type is pretty accurate although it's an ironic one knowing me as I know myself.