Super Book Password

The third round of Super Book Password is off and running. Two clues up for the "Movie Title" Password. Click sidebar picture to find the appropriate link.


Some of Bev's Favorite Quotes...



Thursday, September 27, 2012

Booking Through Thursday: Carry Ons

btt button
 
This week's BTT question:  Do you bring the book(s) you’re reading with you when you go out? How? Physically, or in an e-reader of some kind? Have your habits in this regard changed? (I know I carried books with me more when I was in school than I do now–I can’t read while I’m driving to work, after all.)

Absolutely.  Books go with me wherever I go.  You never know when you might be stuck in traffic, an elevator, or whatever and you need something to pass the time.  The one absolute rule I have for my purse is that a book must fit in it.  That's it.  I don't care about name brands.  I care a little bit about style (nothing too gaudy...).  But if it's too small for a book, then it's too small for me.  Taking books everywhere has been my habit since I've been old enough to read--so no changes here.

And that would be a real, live, honest-to-goodness, it's got real pages book.  No e-readers.  

8 comments:

redhead said...

I have the same rule for my purse. books go with me everywhere - to the laundrymat, to work, anywhere i might have some down time. and If i find myself bookless? I've two little crossword books in my purse.

Bonnie Jacobs said...

Having "a real, live, honest-to-goodness, it's-got-real-pages book" is the reason I don't have an e-reader. Plus the fact that I can't hand the e-reader version to a friend and say, "You've got to read this!"

Creations by Laurel-Rain Snow said...

Yes, that's my absolute rule for purses, too. Big enough for all the stuff I think I need...and a book.

Gigi Ann said...

I have a smaller purse that holds paperback books and my Kindle (yes, I gave in back in Jan. 2012 and bought myself a Kindle and a Nook) but I almost always never leave home without a book of some kind.

Peter Reynard said...

They used to but then I got my "smart" phone, so now I browse if I get stuck somewhere. I still take my books when I travel or if I'm expecting to be somewhere for over an hour. I guess I should stop being a luddite and get an e-reader but I feel like it is another thing I'd likely lose.

Bev Hankins said...

@Peter: I am proud of my "luddite" reader status. I see the benefits of e-readers (for those who travel a lot or those with physical issues--e-readers are much lighter than hardback books for instance; or if someone needs adjustable font), but as long as I can enjoy real books then I will.

William Stanger said...

My backpack is really my book bag. Sometimes I carry other things in it as well, usually a camera and a notebook. My BTT:
http://wcs53.wordpress.com/2012/09/27/booking-through-thursday-carry-ons-september-27/

CMash said...

Waving back with both hands!! I thought you got lost in a book and couldn't find your way out lol. Well....this is the first time I heard of this particular fashion criteria of buying a purse. The funny thing is that, the next time I'm buying one, I will be thinking of you and your fashion tip. hmmm. thinking, will Bev ever go over to the dark side and purchase an EReader? lol