Friday, November 23, 2012
What An Animal Reading Challenge VI
Yvonne over at Socrates' Book Review is hosting another round of her fun What An Animal Reading Challenge. It seems like a lot of the Vintage Mysteries that I love (and have sitting about in teetering TBR mountains) have animals in the title, so this one has been an easy challenge to meet. Have you got books on deck that will work?
Check out the sign up page for complete information but the basics are:
Read at least six books that have an animal....on the cover, in the title, plays a major role, Main character is an animal or shifts.
This time round the challenge will run from January 1, 2013 to December 31, 2013.
Here's my plan:
1. The White Dragon by Anne McCaffrey (1/13/13)
2. The Puzzle of the Silver Persian by Stuart Palmer (1/15/13)
3. Aaron's Serpent by Emily Thorn (2/22/13)
4. Down the Rabbit Hole by Peter Abrahams (3/19/13)
5. Sally's in the Alley by Norbert Davis (3/25/13) [Great Dane on cover & as key character]
6. Black Widow by Patrick Quentin (4/3/13)
Initial Challenge Complete: 4/3/13 (but still reading!)
7. The Talking Sparrow Murders by Darwin L. Teilhart (5/6/13)
8. Death at Crane's Court by Eilis Dillon (5/23/13)
9. The Chinese Parrot by Earl Derr Biggers (6/18/13)
10. Heart of a Dog by Mikhail Bulgakov (6/23/13)
11. Death & the Gentle Bull by Frances & Richard Lockridge (6/29/13)
12. The Call of the Wild by Jack London (7/14/13)
13. The Case of the Careless Kitten by Erle Stanley Gardner (7/23/13)
14. Elephants Can Remember by Agatha Christie (9/6/13)
15. Cat & Mouse by Christianna Brand