Saturday, December 22, 2012

2012 Mount TBR: Final Check Point Post


One of my goals this year was to read more (and a higher percentage of my overall reads) from my own TBR mountain range--that was the starting point for the Mount TBR Reading Challenge.  I immediately signed myself up for Mount Everest--the highest peak on Earth--and 100 books off my own stacks.  I made the peak by the beginning of December and added a few more for good measure.  To see my final tally post, please go HERE.

Here is My 2012 Life in Books:

One time at band/summer camp, I: [helped with] The Taming of the Shrew by William Shakespeare

Weekends at my house are: Mysterious Incidents at Lone Rock by Rajendra Pillai 


My neighbor is: The Fifth Man by Manning Coles

My boss is: Bland Beginnings by Julian Symons


My ex was: The Insidious Dr. Fu-Manchu by Sax Rohmer 

My superhero secret identity is: My Name is Legion by Roger Zelazny 
 
You wouldn’t like me when I’m angry because: [there's]
The Devil to Pay by Ellery Queen
 

I’d win a gold medal in: [running] The 39 Steps by John Buchan
 
I’d pay good money for:  The Maltese Falcon by Dashiell Hammett

If I were president, I would: [use] Sense & Sensibility by Jane Austen
 
When I don’t have good books, I:  [feel like]  Nothing Can Rescue Me by Elizabeth Daly  [and I might resort to] Murder & Magic by Randall Garrett

Loud talkers at the movies should: [be sent] 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea by Jules Verne

No comments: