ATTENTION CHALLENGE PARTICIPANTS


The First Round of Super Book Password (Jan/Feb: Famous Person) is rapidly coming to a close. Ryan and Debbie still have open clues---come check out the clues given and see if you can guess the Passwords! Click photo in the sidebar for links.


Some of Bev's Favorite Quotes...



Saturday, December 22, 2012

2012 Mount TBR: Final Check Point Post


One of my goals this year was to read more (and a higher percentage of my overall reads) from my own TBR mountain range--that was the starting point for the Mount TBR Reading Challenge.  I immediately signed myself up for Mount Everest--the highest peak on Earth--and 100 books off my own stacks.  I made the peak by the beginning of December and added a few more for good measure.  To see my final tally post, please go HERE.

Here is My 2012 Life in Books:

One time at band/summer camp, I: [helped with] The Taming of the Shrew by William Shakespeare

Weekends at my house are: Mysterious Incidents at Lone Rock by Rajendra Pillai 


My neighbor is: The Fifth Man by Manning Coles

My boss is: Bland Beginnings by Julian Symons


My ex was: The Insidious Dr. Fu-Manchu by Sax Rohmer 

My superhero secret identity is: My Name is Legion by Roger Zelazny 
 
You wouldn’t like me when I’m angry because: [there's]
The Devil to Pay by Ellery Queen
 

I’d win a gold medal in: [running] The 39 Steps by John Buchan
 
I’d pay good money for:  The Maltese Falcon by Dashiell Hammett

If I were president, I would: [use] Sense & Sensibility by Jane Austen
 
When I don’t have good books, I:  [feel like]  Nothing Can Rescue Me by Elizabeth Daly  [and I might resort to] Murder & Magic by Randall Garrett

Loud talkers at the movies should: [be sent] 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea by Jules Verne

No comments: