Thursday, December 20, 2012

2013 A to Z Reading Challenge



It's always fun to see if I can get my reading list to complete the alphabet.  I've done very forms of this kind of challenge over the last three years.  I'm very happy that Lori at Escape with Dollycas is hosting this one this year. I'm definitely signing up for this one. Here are the details...

Challenge will run from January 1st, 2012 until December 31st, 2013.  You can join anytime.

There are two different ways you can set up your own A-Z challenge.

A – Make a list now of 26 books, picking one for each letter of the alphabet. For example: A – The Azalea Assault B- Blue Monday C – Crops and Robbers D – A Deadly Grind etc.

OR

B – Make a list on your blog from A-Z. Throughout the year, as you go along, add the books you are reading to the list. Hope that by the end of the year you have read one book for each letter. Towards the end of the year, you can check and see which letters you are missing and find books to fit.

I'm actually doing a combo of the two (hope that's okay!).  I'm going to go ahead and fill in what I can with books already scheduled for reading this year and then I'll add others as they come along:

A: Aaron's Serpent by Emily Thorn (2/22/13)

B: Break Any Woman Down by Dana Johnson (6/17/13)
C: Corpses at Indian Stones by Philip Wylie (2/7/13)
D: Death in Zanzibar by M. M. Kaye (6/25/13)
E: 84 Charing Cross Road by Helene Hanff (Eighty) [3/20/13]
F: Four Lost Ladies by Stuart Palmer (1/23/13)
G: The Green Plaid Pants by Margaret Scherf (3/3/13)
H: Holiday Homicide by Rufus King (4/23/13)
I: Inland Passage by George Harmon Coxe (5/2/13)
J: Jack on the Gallows Tree by Leo Bruce (6/26/13)
K: Kemp's Last Case by M. R. D. Meek (11/4/13)
L: The Lady in the Morgue by Jonathan Latimer (3/10/13)
M: Murder at Markham by Patricia Sprinkle (1/26/13)
N:
The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern (7/16/13)
O: Once Upon a Crime by M. D. Lake (10/28/13)
P: The Puzzle of the Silver Persian by Stuart Palmer (1/15/13)
Q: The Quiet Road to Death by Sheila Radley (12/8/13)
R: Ready Player One by Ernest Cline (2/24/13)
S: Slippage by Harlan Ellison (1/19/13)
T: The Talking Sparrow Murders by Darwin L. Teilhet (5/6/13)
U: Unnatural Habits by Kerry Greenwood (2/11/13)
V: Veiled Murder by Alice Campbell (1/28/13)
W: The Water Room by Christopher Fowler (10/25/13)
X: The XYZ Murders by Ellery Queen (12/3/13)
Y: The Yard by Alex Grecian (9/9/13)
Z: Zima Blue & Other Stories by Alastair Reynolds (2/3/13)


If you'd like to join the challenge, click here


1 comment:

TracyK said...

I agree, it is fun to see if you can fill out the alphabet. I did it in 2012 and maybe I will join in on this one too. This one and the Mystery / Crime Challenge both sound good but I already have committed to too many.