Since this is our 5th year, she is challenging us to a 5/5/5 challenge. Read 5 books in 5 Categories and/or 5 Genres. I have several mini challenges to make it fun:
A to Z challenge: Read books alphabetically by title and/or author.
Canadian Mini Challenge - read non fiction or fiction authors
C.S. Lewis: Read the works of C.S. Lewis
Chunky Mini Challenge -books more than 500 pages
Dusty Mini challenge: Limit buying new books for 1 - 4 months and read 4 to 12 or more books gathering dust on your shelves prior to 2013.
Inspiration Reading Project - Faith based or the Classics.
Mind Voyages: Explore the Hugo and Nebula winners, take side trips through the different decades reading the nominees.
Well Educated Mind: Explore the classics in five categories: Fiction, Autobiography, History/Politics, Drama and Poetry.
2. The Man Who Went up in Smoke by Maj Sjöwall and Per Wahlöö (1/8/13)
3. The Corpse in St. James's by Jeanne M. Dams (1/13/13)
4. The Web Between the Worlds by Charles Sheffield (1/21/13)
5. India Black & the Shadows of Anarchy by Carol K. Carr (1/29/13)
6. The Cavalier's Cup by Carter Dickson (2/5/13)
7. Unnatural Habits by Kerry Greenwood (2/11/13)
8. Parlor Games by Maryka Biaggio (2/18/13)
9. The Other Side of Tomorrow by Roger Elwood, ed (2/28/13)
10. The Vicar of Wakefield by Oliver Goldsmith (3/6/13)
11. The Perfect Landscape by Ragna Sigurdardottir (3/12/13)
12. Down the Rabbit Hole by Peter Abrahams (3/19/13)
13. Sally's in the Alley by Norbert Davis (3/25/13)
14. A Spoonful of Sugar: A Nanny's Story by Brenda Ashford (4/3/13)
15. In the Shadow of Gotham by Stefanie Pintoff (4/9/13)
16. The Mountains Have a Secret by Arthur W. Upfield (4/16/13)
17. Holiday Homicide by Rufus King (4/23/13)
18. Death Has Green Fingers by Lionel Black (4/30/13)
19. The Talking Sparrow Murders by Darwin L. Teilhet (5/6/13)
20. Finding Camlann by Sean Pidgeon (5/18/13)
21. Sleep No More by Margaret Erskine (5/21/13)