Monday, December 17, 2012

It's Monday! What Are You Reading?

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? is a bookish meme hosted by Book Journey. It's where we gather to share what we have read this past week and what we plan to read this week. It's a great way to network with other bloggers, see some wonderful blogs, and put new titles on your reading list. So hop on over via the link above and join in...and leave a comment here so I can check out what you are reading.
 
 

Books Read (click on titles for review): 
The Three Evangelists by Fred Vargas  
 
Hmmm....I seem to have an end of the year reading slump going on.  Time to pick up the pace again and finish off the rest of those books at the bottom.
  
Currently Reading: 
Plum Pudding Murder by Joanne Fluke: Holiday business is booming at Hannah Swenson's Cookie Jar pastry shop, but the mysterious murder of "Lunatic Larry" Jaeger puts a serious crimp in the season of good cheer.  From the looks of it, Larry had as many enemies as Hannah's sugar cookies have sprinkles. With the 12 days of Christmas ticking down and cookie orders piling up, tracking down the killer won't be easy.
 
Books that spark my interest:
These are the remaining books needed to finish off challenges:
The Cat Who Came For Christmas by Cleveland Amory
A Christmas Promise by Anne Perry

 And Library books that need reading:
The Female Detective by Andrew Forrester
Below Stairs by Margaret Powell  
Nine Man's Murder by Eric Keith 

3 comments:

Tanya @ Moms Small Victories said...

Hi Bev, visiting from BookJourneys it's Monday what are you reading meme. I just saw the Hannah Swenson murder mysteries in Goodreads yesterday and sound like a series I would like. I love mysteries and sweets, what a combination. Have you read others in the series also? Looking forward to browsing around your blog and seeing what else you read.

Bev Hankins said...

Tanya:

This is the first one I've read of the Hannah Swenson mysteries. The recipes are great. I'm not sure about the mystery. I'm going to have to wait till I finish to make up my mind....

Marce said...

You have a reading slumps, whoooah.

Enjoy the end of year reading Bev.

I completed Wicked Wives and thought of you, I think you will enjoy it.