Thursday, November 7, 2013

The Christmas Spirit 2013 Challenge


This is the fifth year for The Christmas Spirit Challenge hosted by The True Book Addict at its own dedicated site. I always have a great time with this...and it really helps me get into the Christmas spirit, so I'm going to join in again. I need all the help I can get every year--now that stores think we need to start seeing Christmas decorations and whatnot before Halloween.  Bah Humbug.  See.  I need this challenge!]


For full details, hop on the link above and check out the challenge site. In short, to participate in the main challenge you have to read Christmas books...no kid's books. There are additional challenges for film lovers (Fa La La Films) and for children's books (Visions of Sugar Plums), but you must complete a level of the main challenge to participate. The challenge will run from November 22nd to January 6th. The levels are:

Candy Cane: read one book
Mistletoe: read two-four books
Christmas: read five or six books

As per usual, I'm signing up for the Mistletoe level--might make it to Christmas, we'll just have to see. I'll list books read below, with review links and dates as they come along.

1. The Birds' Christmas Carol by Kate Douglas Wiggin (12/1/13)
2. The Finishing Stroke by Ellery Queen
3. A Christmas Promise by Anne Perry (12/20/13)
4. Maigret's Christmas by Georges Simenon (12/12/13)
5. The Big Eye by Max Ehrlich (12/27/13) [a slightly unconventional Christmas read]

1 comment:

Kimberly said...

This looks fun. I think I might have to join in too!