Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Vintage Scattergories: Scavenger Hunt!

Review Site
Scavenger Hunt for 2013 Vintage Scattergories Participants!

As promised, I have put together a scavenger hunt to reward you all for checking out the reviews of your fellow challengers.  I've taken a little trip through the reviews posted and snipped a cover here and cut a bit of a cover there.  What you see below are the results of my wanderings.  I have made every effort to use at least one cover image from each participant who posted a review--in the hopes that you will recognize at least one picture.  There were a couple of bloggers who did not post pictures with their reviews and there were some covers that I found impossible to snip without including either the author's name or the title of the book.  If I missed using an image from your reviews, then please accept my most abject apologies.

And now--your mission, should you choose to accept it, will be to identify as many of the twenty-seven images as you can. A link to the Review & Wrap-Up Site appears above--and the images may be found through either the reviews posted or the wrap-up links.  I will award one point for each correct title; one point for each correct author; and one bonus point for correctly identifying the blog where the review appeared.  Some of the books have been reviewed by more than one blogger.  Only the blogs which use the cover represented below will be counted as correct.  When you have completed your search, email your results to me at phryne1969 AT gmail DOT com.  Please do NOT reveal any answers in comments below.  Doing so will result in immediate disqualification.  Results will be accepted until midnight on January 19, 2014 (as dated on the email).  There will be prizes for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place.  In the event of a tie, I will have tie-breaking images in reserve.  Ready?  Set....Happy Hunting!

Image #1

Image #2

Image #3

Image #4

Image #5

Image #6

Image #7

Image #8

Image #9

Image #10

Image #11

Image #12

Image #13

Image #14

Image #15

Image #16

Image #17

Image #18

Image #19

Image #20

Image #21

Image #22

Image #23

Image #24

Image #25


Image #26

Image #27

8 comments:

J F Norris said...

Wow! You were **BUSY** yesterday. All those reading challenge post pages plus this Scavenger hunt. Well, I managed to identify 25 out of 27 books and authors (nine of them I knew without doing any Googling). Two of them come from Portuguese editions! You devil, you. Now I'll have to wait until I get home to match the titles with the blogs. For some reason the list of links is completely absent on this computer I use at work.

Bev Hankins said...

I knew I would be hard-pressed to stump you, John. I amazed that you only knew nine without Googling. ;-)

Let me know if the links still don't show up at home...and I'll see if there's something goofy going on.

(Oh...and btw I've had this scavenger hunt post ready to go since last month. I did a quick check about two weeks after initially putting it together to see if I needed to try and add any new blogger reviews and then just set it on auto-post for the first.)

J F Norris said...

At work we have all sorts of filters and cookie blockers and what not. Some websites having to do with social media are completely blocked. Anything to do with that Linky gizmo and hotlinks gets blocked, too. All the links showed up at home as always.

So I'm done! Got all 27. Took some clicking on all those links to get the last few. #21 was the biggest problem, but I got it. Finally! Email headed your way in a bit.

neer said...

Wow John! That's really something.

Bev

What an interesting hunt. Some of the covers are wonderful.

Bev Hankins said...

So, neer, am I going to see a scavenger hunt entry from you? I've only got two entries so far...there's still room for a third place winner. :-)

neer said...

I'd love to take part Bev but somehow or the other certain posts seem to have become unavailable like those on Matt's blog. So I'm in a bit of a fix.

Bev Hankins said...

neer: I absolutely guarantee that Matt's blog does not contain an answer (or...if it did, it is not the only blog to contain the answer with the correct cover). If you want to give it a try and come across other links that don't work, let me know and I'll see what I can do.

neer said...

Have mailed you the answers, Bev. Enjoyed this and am keeping my fingers crossed.