Thursday, August 5, 2010

Falling Off the Blogging Wagon

I just don't think there's going to be much action on this blog for a little while. My son is in a last-minute push to make Eagle Scout (he turns 18 on Aug 15) and life here is crazy.

I'm still working on The Green Man and vow to finish it since it's on my Birth Year Reading Challenge. But can I just say that I'm hating this book. I mean really hating it. I don't do that much with books, but I'm really fed up with Maurice's fixation on liquor and sex. It would be fine if this novel were up to Amis's usual standard and the fixation were actually funny. But it's not. It's just irritating. Hopefully, I'll be done with both the book and helping my Eagle-Scout-in-the -making soon and will be able to return to regularly scheduled blogging and blissful book reading.


1 comment:

agirlreads said...

The great thing about blogging is you can always come back to it!

We'll be here waiting when you do :)