Sunday, August 29, 2010

Top Five Sundays: Favorite Childhood TV Series

Larissa at Larissa's Bookish Life invites us this Sunday to list our top five childhood TV series. What shows had you glued to the TV when you were growing up?

1. The Hardy Boys/Nancy Drew Mysteries. I lived for these. Not only had I devoured all the books, but I had the most intense crush on Shaun Cassidy. And there he was...every week.
2. Scooby Doo Mysteries. I loved those "meddling kids" and all the crazy adventures they got into.
3. Remington Steele. Suave, sophisticated. Funny. Great interactions between the main characters. And Pierce Brosnan...I've been swooning over him ever since.
4. Happy Days. What's not to like about the Fonz?
5. WKRP in Cincinnati. I will never forget Les Nesman's report on the tornadoes. Using a Cold War era "what to do if the Russians invade" and replacing "Russians" with the word "tornadoes." And Johnny's visit to the hospital. "Follow the red line until you get to the green line. If it crosses the blue line you have to go back to the yellow...." or some such nonsense.


I

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Awesome list! those mostly none of those were famous in Brazil... I did love Scooby doo =P

Natasha said...

Awesome!!! Scooby Doo! I forgott hehe!

http://bookmarkyourthoughts.blogspot.com/2010/08/top-5-sunday2.html

Lady Scribbles said...

Aww I love Nancy Drew/Hardy Boys mysteries. Truthfully HB got more interesting in the series second season, but I really liked watching ND in the first.

brandileigh2003 said...

Nice-- scobby doo is great!

Brandi from Blkosiner’s Book Blog