Friday, October 29, 2010

Book Beginnings on Friday: New Home!



Book Beginnings on Friday is a meme now hosted by Katy at A Few More Pages. Anyone can participate; just share the opening sentence (or two) of your current read, making sure that you include the title and author so others what your're reading.

Here's mine from Born Standing Up: A Comic's Life by Steve Martin:


I did stand-up comedy for eighteen years. Ten of those years were spent learning, four years were spent refining, and four were spent in wild success. My most persistent memory of stand-up is of my mouth being in the present and my mind being in the future: the mouth speaking the line, the body delivering the gesture, while the mind looks back, observing, analyzing, judging, worrying, and then deciding what to say next.

3 comments:

Gilion at Rose City Reader said...

That is a great description! I never really though how hard it would be.

Crystal @ RBtWBC said...

Just poppin' on by to say "Hi!" this Friday.

That's a great opening!

Have a fantastic Halloween weekend!

http://readingbetweenthewinesbookclub.blogspot.com/

Katy said...

I've been tempted to pick up a book by Steve Martin. Now I'm even more tempted. :)

Thanks for participating in Book Beginnings on Friday!