Friday, October 8, 2010

Book Beginnings on Friday


Book Beginnings on Friday is a meme that has been hosted by Becky at Page Turners. She's been taking a bit of a break for a while, but her followers have been keeping it going. Anyone can participate, just share the opening sentence of your current read, making sure that you include the title and author so others know what your're reading. If you like, share with everyone why you do or do not like the sentence.


Here's mine from Rebecca by Daphne du Maurier:

Last night I dreamt I went to Manderley again.

That has got to be one of the most recognized opening sentences in litature. I know that I had heard it long before the first time I ever read the book (over twenty years ago). I'm re-reading now for the Daphne du Maurier challenge and that sentence still has the seductive power to draw me right in.

No comments: