Sunday, October 24, 2010

It's (Almost) Monday! What Are You Reading?


It's Monday! What Are You Reading, a bookish meme hosted by Book Journey, is where we gather to share what we have read this past week and what we plan to read this week. It is a great way to network with other bloggers, see some wonderful blogs, and put new titles on your reading list. So hop on over to Journey and join in...and leave a comment here so I can check out what you are reading.


I'm jumping in a little early...I anticipate a busy day tomorrow. Here are mine:

Books Read Last Week (click titles for reviews):
Lay On, Mac Duff! by Charlotte Armstrong
The Conference of the Birds by Jean-Claude Carriere & Peter Brook (based on the poem by Farid Uddi Attar)
The Further Adventures of Sherlock Holmes: The War of the Worlds by Manly W. Wellman and Wade Wellman
The Woman in the Woods by (Charity) Lee Blackstock
Hanged for a Sheep by Frances & Richard Lockridge
Killing the Goose by Frances & Richard Lockridge
Started The Woman in White by Wilkie Collins, by just wasn't feeling it. So I finished up the week with Dark Road to Darjeeling by Deanna Raybourn. Will have to go back to Collins another day...

Reading Now:
Gilgamesh translated by Herbert Mason

Books that spark my interest (most are carry-overs from last time):
Would like to give The Woman in White another try. We'll see.
Police at the Funeral by Margery Allingham
Death of a Tall Man by Frances & Richard Lockridge
Colour Scheme by Ngaio Marsh
Black Orchids by Rex Stout
Nero Wolfe of West Thirty-Fifth Street by William S. Baring-Gould

5 comments:

Sheila (Bookjourney) said...

Super titles.... especially Hanged for a sheep and Killing A Goose. The titles made me laugh :)

Bev Hankins said...

the Lockridge books are fun that way...fun titles & fun to read

dollycas aka Lori said...

Lots of great titles, Death of a Tall Man has sparked my interest.

Dollycas
http://dollycas.blogspot.com/

CMash said...

You amaze me. Not only do you read so many books in a week, but also not easy reads. When I take that big step out of my comfort zone, I'll be asking for your suggestion as to which one I should try.
CMash

pussreboots said...

I have Gilgamesh on my TBR pile. Not listed in my post are the ton and a half of peer reviewed journal articles I read. Here's what I'm reading this week.