Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Teaser Tuesdays


Miz B of Should Be Reading hosts Teaser Tuesdays. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

*Grab your current read.
*Open to a random page.
*Share two "teaser" sentences from somewhere on that page.
*BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! You don't want to ruin the book for others.
*Share the titel & author too, so other TT participants can add the book to their TBR lists if they like your teaser!

Here's my teaser from Death of a Tall Man by Frances & Richard Lockridge (p. 72)

"We'll check, of course," he said. "Detectives must be suspicious, like it says in the book. Suspicious of shopping trips, suspicious of afternoons spent at desks, suspicious of young men on the loose in building lobbies at the appropriate times--young men who run away."

"And of girls of twenty in love with--flighty men?" Pam said.

By all means, of girls of twenty, Bill told her. Particularly when in love.

11 comments:

Unknown said...

Great teaser! Definitely should be suspicious of girls in love with flighty men! LOL...

Lori said...

LOL...looks like it would be a fun read. I hope that you enjoy your book. Check out my MY Teaser For Tuesday. Happy Reading.

LKT said...

I like that! So many good teasers today, it's really not fair.

My teaser is here: http://teabagsinfusion.blogspot.com/2010/10/teaser-tuesday-october-26.html

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

Oh, I like the sound of this one...very intriguing.

Here's mine:

Click on my name....

Anonymous said...

What a cute teaser. I like it.

Jennifer said...

Wonderful teaser! My TT: http://www.rundpinne.com/2010/10/teaser-tuesdays-as-the-sycamore-grows.html

CMash said...

Wondering if Bill is the tall man.
CMash

Anonymous said...

An intriguing teaser. I guess that's the point ;)

shaunesay said...

Fun teaser, and not a book I've heard of. Thanks for stopping by my teaser today!

jlshall said...

Great teaser! Is this one of their Mr & Mrs North books? I think I read a few of those, many years back. Good books.

Bev Hankins said...

@jlshall: Yes, Mr. & Mrs. North. I love these!