Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Top Ten Tuesday: Top Ten Fictional Crushes


Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. This week's questions asks us to list our top ten fictional crushes.

I wasn't sure I could come up with ten...and I was right. Although I got pretty darn close--a lot closer than I thought I would. I've been asked about favorite villains before and had a hard time with that one as well. I just don't seem to collect villains or crushes. Just good reads. But here goes...my crushes:


1. Lord Peter Wimsey. Had no problem coming up with this one. Lord Peter is wealthy, intelligent, and witty. He may not be the most handsome, but he certainly is devoted and entertaining. He could talk piffle to me all day.

2. Bunter. If I can't have Lord Peter, then I'll take his right-hand man. Bunter is always on the spot with exactly what one needs. And I hear he toasts the perfect crumpet.

3. Rhett Butler. I'm also partial to the suave handsome man who has some of the bad boy in him. Gotta love how he stays devoted to Scarlett all that time. It's a shame she waits until just too late to realize what a real catch he is.

4. Captain Wentworth from Persuasion. I'm sure he's going to appear on a lot of lists.

5. Fitzwilliam Darcy. Another witty man. I love his verbal sparring with Elizabeth. I'm very much a word person...so verbal games are a big draw for me.

6. Henry Gamadge from Elizabeth Daly's mystery series. A man who loves old/rare books. And is a detective? How could I not love him?

7. Reed Amherst (married to Amanda Cross's professor/detective Kate Fansler). Reed is a marvelous husband for Kate. There when she needs him--supportive even when he thinks she's getting into too much danger. And, again, one of those verbal, witty fellas. I think I see a pattern here.

8. Lancelot. The sexy, lover of Camelot.

9. Calvin from Wrinkle in Time. If I were younger....he'd be perfect.

That's it...can't come up with anyone else right now. If I have a sudden inspiration, I'll add a post script.

15 comments:

CMash said...

I am impressed. I doubt that I could remember 2. Thank you...you just gave me a topic for Slapdash Sunday. Have a great Tuesday.
CMash

Bibliophile said...

You've got some pretty terrific choices on your list.
Wimsey is a character I would love to have as a friend rather than as a lover, which is why I didn't put him on my list.

Straylights said...

I only know Mr. Darcy from your list. I really need to expand my reading horizons lol! And I'm starting to think that I really need to read Gone With the Wind. Rhett is on so many lists!

Red said...

You did far better than me! I couldn't even make it to 5. I need to read some of the characters you've mentioned, so I can expand upon my list

Irene Palfy said...

Great list!!

B said...

I love your list! And Lancelot... I didn't even think of him!

brandileigh2003 said...

Nice list!

Here is my list
Brandi from Blkosiner’s Book Blog

Anonymous said...

Lancelot! I knew I should have included a knight on my list somewhere :D I might have to pick a young Arthur a la the BBC show Merlin though... :D

Anne@HeadFullofBooks said...

I think I could have put six or seven Austen men. I like your choices.
This meme has just rekindled my crushes on the guys on my list. sigh!
-Anne
http://headfullofbooks.blogspot.com

Peppermint Ph.D. said...

Rhett Butler...I'm embarrassed that I'm from the deep South and completely forgot him...
Ahhh, Lancelot!

Kayla + Cyna said...

Great list! Ditto on Darcy. I think verbal sparring skills were present on every one of my picks this week. Snark is my weakness D:

The Phantom Paragrapher said...

Darcy's on my list , if it could be longer Rhett would have made it but didnt think of him till after I had finished the list.
Im a new follower
www.thephantomparagrapher.blogspot.com

Abby said...

omg, Calvin from _Wrinkle in Time_-- awesome choice!

bibliophiliac said...

I'm with you on Captain Wentworth--he's on my list too!

Ashley @ Bookaholics Anonymous said...

Good list
http://bookaholicaanonymous.blogspot.com/