Thursday, December 23, 2010

Best of 2010 By Month

Saw this at Blkosiner's Book Blog (who found it at Phantom Paragrapher). I thought it a good idea, so I'm adopting it for a post of my own. Here's the best of the books I've read in 2010 by month. I have picked two books per month. I didn't start blogging until late April, so there are no reviews before that. Reviews may be found by clicking book titles.

January:
Murder on a Midsummer Night by Kerry Greenwood ***Death at the Alma Mater by G.M. Malliet ***

February:
A Beautiful Blue Death by Charles Finch ***
The Scandal of the Season by Sophie Gee

March:
Lord Minimus: The Extraordinary Life of Britain's Smallest Man by Nick Page
Musical Mysteries: From Mozart to John Lennon by Albert Borowitz

April:
The Inklings of Oxford: C. S. Lewis, J.R.R. Tolkien & Their Friends by Harry Lee PoeFoul Matter by Martha Grimes

May:
Dreaming of the Bones by Deborah Crombie ***Literary Murder by Batya Gur ***

June:
The First Saint Omnibus by Leslie Charteris (Two posts, so two links) ***The Elegance of the Hedgehog by Muriel Barber

July:
Travels with My Aunt by Graham Greene
I Sing the Body Electric by Ray Bradbury

August:
Damnation Alley by Roger Zelazny
I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings by Maya Angelou

September:
Katherine by Anya Seton
The Divine Comedy 1: Hell by Dante Alighieri (trans by Dorothy L Sayers) [actually all three parts]
The Divine Comedy II: Purgatory by Dante Alighieri (trans by Sayers)
The Divine Comedy III: Paradise by Dante Alighieri (trans by Sayers & Barbara Reynolds)

October:
To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee
The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde

November:
Death by Water by Kerry Greenwood ***
One Step Behind by Henning Mankell ***

December:
India Black: A Madam of Espionage Mystery by Carol K Carr ***
A Foreign Affair by Caro Peacock ***

3 comments:

brandileigh2003 said...

YAY! You did end up posting =)

I love lists!

Bev Hankins said...

@brandileigh2003: Lists are always a lot of fun. Thanks for posting first.

Marce said...

Nice list. I did a post about my favourite reading month for 2010.