Thursday, December 2, 2010

Booking Through Thursday



This week Booking Through Thursday asks us: How about First Editions? Are they something special? Or "just another book" to you?

I am a book person through and through and I love first editions. But the ones that I really get excited about are the first editions of the vintage mysteries that I collect. When I found a British first edition of Whose Body? by Dorothy L Sayers just sitting in the local library's used book store I was in heaven. That's my all-time best catch yet. The only way it could have been better was if it had been signed.

2 comments:

Lori said...

Very cool. Interesting question, don't you think? I personally am an avid reader, not a collector of books, although, I do own alot. Here's my answer for this week's Booking Through Thursday.

Yvette said...

I do love First Editions as well. I used to collect signed First/Firsts of the modern mystery/thriller writers I read, but lately I've been using the library a lot and my collecting has slowed down a bit. Even though it lowers the value, I love it when a writer personalizes the inscription. You're very lucky to have found that Sayers. I'm currently reading all the Peter Wimsey short stories in one fell swoop anthology - fun.