Monday, December 13, 2010

It's Monday! What Are You Reading?


It's Monday! What Are You Reading?, a bookish meme hosted by Book Journey, is where we gather to share what we have read this past week and what we plan to read this week. It's a great way to network with other bloggers, see some wonderful blogs, and put new titles on your reading list. So hop on over via the link above and join in...and leave a comment here so I can check out what you are reading.


Books Read Last Week (click on titles for review):
Mistletoe Mysteries collected by Charlotte MacLeod
Christmas Stalkings collected by Charlotte MacLeod
Death in Hellfire by Deryn Lake

Reading Now:
Envious Casca by Georgette Heyer. Murder comes home for Christmas. The halls of Lexham Manor were decked with holly, the stockings were hung by the chimney with care, and the old Scrooge sho owned the estate was stabbed in the upstairs bedroom. For Inspector Hemingway of Scotland Yard 'twas the season to find whounit. All six holiday guests had a motive to commit murder. But not one of them could have entered the locked room to do it. and Hemingway soon discovered that this time the proof wasn't in the pudding. It was a turkey of a play, a ham performer, and a plum of an inheritance....

Books that spark my interest:
The Mischief of the Mistletoe by Lauren Willig. I've had this on hold at the library for such a long time. I'm now number one on the wait list and hope it comes to me before Christmas!

And all the books that I've put down for the eight challenges I've signed up for in 2011. I can't wait to get started!

7 comments:

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

Ah, good mysteries are always great to have on the stacks!

Thanks for visiting my blog.

Karen and Gerard said...

I'm reading "Kasey to the Rescue" about a family getting a monkey from "Helping Hands" to assist with the disabled son.

pussreboots said...

I was sick over the weekend but I got some reading done.

Natalie~Coffee and a Book Chick said...

I have Georgette Heyer's romance books that I won in a giveaway, so hopefully they're good! I've heard a lot about her mysteries! Here's my Mailbox: Coffee and a Book Chick -- Mailbox Monday...

Irene Palfy said...

Thank you very much for answering my question about the E.A.Poe translation. And I want to thank you too, because you said you missed my comments. That's quite nice of you! - Sometimes I have the feeling of being "a pain in the neck". :")

dollycas aka Lori said...

I am so excited after skimming your review of India Black as it is on my reading list this week, but I didn't want to read it closely so it can be a fresh read for me.

Dollycas
http://dollycas.blogspot.com/

jlshall said...

I like all your holiday-themed reads! So far, I haven't managed any Christmas books yet, but I hope to get one in before the season is over. Enjoy!