Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Teaser Tuesdays


MizB of Should Be Reading hosts Teaser Tuesdays. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:


*Grab your current read.
*Open to a random page.
*Share two "teaser" sentences from somewhere on that page.
*BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! You don't want to spoil the book for others.
*Share the title and author too, so other TT participants can add it to their TBR lists if the like your teaser!

Here's my teaser from India Black: A Madam of Espionage Mystery by Carol K. Carr (ARC-due out in January), p. 95:

That evening, at the appointed hour, a hansom cab drew up to the Lotus House, and Rowena and i joined Endicott and French for the drive to the Embassy. We looked, if I may admit so, ravishing. Monsieur Gaspard had done us proud. He'd decked me out in a watered silk gown of ice blue, with a plunging neckline that showed the swell of my breasts to perfection, and the new cuirass bodice that fitted my curvaceous figure like a glove.

9 comments:

fredamans said...

Nice, descriptive teaser!

http://fredasvoice.blogspot.com/2010/12/teaser-time.html

gautami tripathy said...

Love the details!

:D

Teaser Tuesady: Miss Hildreth Wore Brown by Olivia deBelle Byrd

Audra said...

EEEEEE! I'm reading and loving this book right now -- I want India to be my BFF. I hope you're enjoying it!

jlshall said...

Love the teaser! Espionage and fashion, too! Can't beat that.

Mystica said...

Detailed and descriptive!

Mine is up as well as my first giveaway. Please do visit.

Alice Audrey said...

Ah, to live in a time when the fashions make you look good.

My teaser is here.

Lori said...

I hope that you are enjoying your book. Check out My Teaser for Tuesday.

Melissa Wiebe said...

Sounds very intriguing.

Jenny Q said...

Sounds like she's not afraid to work it! I'm so jealous, I really want to read this book! My teaser is from Across the Universe, and I'm giving away a pair of romances, too!