Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Top Ten Tuesday: The Best of 2010


Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. This week's topic is the Top Ten Books Read in 2010. Let's see if I can stick to just ten....(no particular order)1. A Beautiful Blue Death by Charles Finch2. Lord Minimus: The Extraordinary Life of Britain's Smallest Man by Nick Page3. The Inklings of Oxford: C. S. Lewis, J.R.R. Tolkien & Their Friends by Harry Lee Poe
4.
Dreaming of the Bones by Deborah Crombie
5.
Literary Murder by Batya Gur
6.
The Elegance of the Hedgehog by Muriel Barber
7. Travels with My Aunt by Graham Greene
8. I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings by Maya Angelou
9.
The Divine Comedy 1: Hell by Dante Alighieri (trans by Dorothy L Sayers) [actually all three parts count as one]
The Divine Comedy II: Purgatory by Dante Alighieri (trans by Sayers)
The Divine Comedy III: Paradise by Dante Alighieri (trans by Sayers & Barbara Reynolds)
10. To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee

Honorable Mention:
The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde
One Step Behind by Henning Mankell
India Black: A Madam of Espionage Mystery by Carol K Carr

And a very special shout-out to The Deathday Letter by Shaun David Hutchinson. The best YA book I've read in a very long time and if any book could tempt me to read more YA at this time of my life this one is it.

5 comments:

brandileigh2003 said...

I agree- just 10 is hard to do.

Suzanne said...

I enjoyed Elegance of the Hedgehog -- I'm re-reading it in 2011 for one of my challenges.

Marce said...

I read To Kill a Mockingbird for the first time this year. I enjoyed it and am happy to say I have read the classic.

I have considered Elegance... we will see.

Anne@HeadFullofBooks said...

I adore Elegance of the Hedgehog. It was a top ten for me last year. Thanks for dropping by my blog.

Rebecca Chapman said...

Sounds like a great year! Picture of Dorian Gray is one of my favourites