Sunday, May 22, 2011
Top Five Sundays: Book Quotes
Every week Larissa's Bookish Life hosts the Top 5 Sundays meme. Here's what you need to do:
1 - Write a post listing your TOP 5 choices within the theme she chose (or was chosen on a poll) for the week.
2 - Mention Larissa's blog on the post and link back to it.
3 - Feel free to use the Feature's image
4 - After you've finished your post, add you link (of the post, not your blog's main page) to the Mr.Linky at the end of that week's post.
5 – If you don’t have a blog to post, just leave your list in the comments =)
This week’s theme is Favorite Book Quotes:
Now I collect quotes all the time. All sorts. About love and friendship and anything at all that strikes my fancy. I even collect book quotes about books. For me to pick my top five would be impossible. So, what I'll do is just pick out five from my current notebook of quotes.
1. ...love cannot be hidden: like any fire, it is revealed by smoke.
The Island of the Day Before (381)
2. For better or worse, somebody has noticed you. And there's no way now to get yourself unnoticed.
Detective Samuel Pith
The Manual of Detection (6)
3. I have enough problems all on my own. No need to go out of my way looking for people who are only going to confuse me even more.
I Been There Before (33)
4. Everything was easier to cope with if you imagined it set afire and adrift at sea.
The War Against Miss Winter (9)
~Kathryn Miller Hays
5. He charmed me in the way that all true charmers do: he made me feel I was the only person who mattered to him.
Oscar Wilde & the Dead Man's Smile (68)