Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Teaser Tuesdays

MizB of Should Be Reading hosts Teaser Tuesdays. Anyone can play along. Just do the following:

*Grab your current read.
*Open to a random page.
*Share two "teaser" sentences from somewhere on that page.
*BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! You don't want to ruin the book for others.
*Share the title and author too, so other TT participants can add it to their TBR lists if they like your teaser.
Here's mine from The Further Adventures of Sherlock Holmes: Dr. Jekyll & Mr. Holmes by Loren D. Estleman (p. 44):

"Blimey!" exclaimed the other, secreting the coin in his coat pocket. "For 'arf a crown I'd kidnap the Tsar of Rooshia single-handed."


7 comments:

Vicki said...

Interesting! I think I'd like this one even though I don't usually read books like this.
Here's Mine

Julie @ Read Handed said...

lol. Love the dialect in this teaser. Thanks for sharing. If you get a chance, my teaser is here.

fredamans said...

Not my fave, but hubby likes Sherlock.

http://fredasvoice.blogspot.com/2011/08/teaser-tuesday.html

Unknown said...

what a mash up! I'll bet it's a lot of fun!!

Yvonne said...

Good one! Enjoy the book!

Anya Millar said...

Too fun! Love the teaser

Mines @ http://housemillar.host56.com/teaser-tuesdays/

Gilion at Rose City Reader said...

Funny idea! I'm working my way through the real Sherlock Holmes books -- maybe I'll branch out to the sequels.