Friday, February 17, 2012

Booking Through Thursday: Fan Fiction


This week's Booking Through Thursday question:

A while ago, I interviewed my readers for a change, and my final question was, “What question have I NOT asked at BTT that you’d love me to ask?” I got some great responses and will be picking out some of the questions from time to time to ask the rest of you. Like now.

Pepca asks
Have you every written any fan-fiction? If yes, why and for which book(s)? If no, would you like to and for which books(s)?

For that matter, do you ever READ fan-fiction??


A day late (as seems to be a habit these days), but: Actually....yes. To both questions. When I was a teenager and heavily into my Classic Trek phase (I'm still a Trek fan-girl, but not quite so much), I wrote some Star Trek parodies--which I think counts. I had gotten into reading the book versions of The Best of Trek (fan fiction magazine!) edited by Walter Irwin and G. B. Love. There was a regular feature for a while in which parodies of classic episodes appeared. Then they stopped...and I decided to try my hand at a few. I have them around here somewhere....maybe some day I'll inflict them on you all.

I've also read some of the fan fiction collections that have come out more recently--featuring stories from all the Trek variations through Enterprise.

1 comment:

brandileigh2003 said...

My hubby is a trekie.
Check out my post