Saturday, July 14, 2012

Austen In August!



Adam over at Roof Beam Reader is hosting a most auspicious event for Janeites everywhere: Austen in August!  Adam is urging us all to dive into those Austen novels we haven't touched yet or reread our favorites. You can even read Austen-related books and reimaginings.  If you sign up (click the link above) by July 31, you will also be eligible for prizes and what-not.  

I already had plans to read Sense & Sensibility this year, so I'm diving in for at least one book.  If I get a case of Jane-itis, then I may go for Mansfield Park as well.  So come and join us as we celebrate Austen next month!

4 comments:

Cipriano said...

By coincidence, in the book I am reading right now [Curiosity, by fabulous Canadian writer, Joan Thomas], Jane Austen makes a bit of a cameo appearance. The setting is Lyme Regis, and apparently her novel, Persuasion takes place there? Thomas has one of her fictional characters allude to Jane Austen's visit there in November of 1812.
Here is my sorry confession:
I have an entire set of Jane Austen novels on my shelf, and have never read one of them yet.

Roof Beam Reader said...

Glad you're joining us for this! It should be a good event - lots of participants eager to read Austen for the first time, or excited to visit her again. Lots of giveaways and guest posts planned, too!

I'm going to be reading Sense & Sensibility, Mansfield Park, and (hopefully) her two short works, Sanditon and The Watsons. If I somehow manage to fly through all of that, I also own Emma, so I might go for that one too... but I doubt I'll get that far.

I loved Northanger Abbey and Pride & Prejudice, so I'm looking forward to more. :)

Gigi Ann said...

Well, the only ones I haven't read yet, are Sanditon and Jane Austen Selected Letters. I hadn't heard of The Watsons, will have to check this one out.

Gina @ Hott Books said...

Wow! That's an undertaking ;0