Monday, July 30, 2012

Challenge Complete: 12 in 2012


12 in '12
2012 Reading Challenge
LibraryThing group
group home page


This was a fairly unstructured challenge hosted on LibraryThing.  I'm not a member of LibraryThing, but one of my fellow bloggers is, so I picked it up from her.  All we had to do was read books from 12 different categories in 2012--any categories we wanted.  We could read as many books in each category as we wanted.  The format was absolutely up to us.  Since I go a little challenge-crazy each year, I decided to just read one book in each category.  I actually finished this one on July 21 with the O. Henry short story collection and just realized that I never posted a wrap-up.  So here it is and below are my 12 categories and the books read for each.

1. Regency Romance
Venetia by Georgette Heyer (4/7/12)
2. Children's Classics
Anne of Green Gables by L. M. Montgomery (5/4/12)
3. Vintage Mystery (you all know I'll read more than one of these)
The Greenwell Mystery by E. C. R. Lorac (3/3/12)
4. Banned/Challenged Books
The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald (7/12/12)
5. Plays/Drama
The Taming of the Shrew by William Shakespeare (6/30/12)
6. Cozy Mystery
Silver & Guilt by Cynthia Smith (4/9/12)
7. Biography
From Sawdust to Stardust: The Biography of DeForest Kelley, Star Trek's Dr. McCoy by Terry Lee Rioux (3/14/12)
8. Short Story Collection
The Four Million & Other Stories by O. Henry (7/21/12)

9. Science Fiction
My Name is Legion by Roger Zelazny (1/4/12)

10. Poetry
The Rose Window and Other Verse from New Poems by Rainer Maria Rilke (3/22/12)
11. Horror

 Drac­ula by Bram Stoker (4/25/12)
12. Graphic Novel

 The League of Extra­or­di­nary Gen­tle­men by Alan Moore (4/6/12)

No comments: