Monday, July 23, 2012

It's Monday! What Are You Reading?

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? is a bookish meme hosted by Book Journey. It's where we gather to share what we have read this past week and what we plan to read this week. It's a great way to network with other bloggers, see some wonderful blogs, and put new titles on your reading list. So hop on over via the link above and join in...and leave a comment here so I can check out what you are reading.
I'm still playing catch-up from not reading while on vacation.  I've also hit a bit of a slump so it's been up-hill work on every book I've picked up so far--no matter how much I'm liking it.

Books Read (click on titles for review):
North & South by Elizabeth Gaskell
The Four Million & Other Stories by O. Henry
The Fifth Man by Manning Coles (finished late last night...review coming soon)

Currently Reading: Z for Zachariah by Robert C O'Brien:
Ann Burden is sixteen years old and completely alone. The world as she once knew it is gone, ravaged by a nuclear war that has taken everyone from her. For the past year, she has lived in a remote valley with no evidence of any other survivors.  But the smoke from a distant campfire shatters Ann's solitude. Someone else is still alive and making his way toward the valley. Who is this man? What does he want? Can he be trusted? Both excited and terrified, Ann soon realizes there may be worse things than being the last person on Earth. - (Simon and Schuster) [written in 1974.  Chosen for the A-Z Reading Challenge. Not a whole lot of tempting choices out there for books with titles that begin with "Z.")
 
 
Books that spark my interest:
Sense & Sensibility by Jane Austen (will actually start this one in August the the Austen in August Reading Event)
Murder at the Portland Variety by Miriam Zellnik
The Anatomy of Death by Felicity Young


4 comments:

Prashant C. Trikannad said...

Gaskell, O' Henry and Austen have been on my to-be-read list for a while now. I have heard much about O'Henry's stories and plan to read some of them soon.

srivalli said...

I found Zone Defence by Petros Markaris an interesting mystery read for letter z.

The Relentless Reader said...

I hope you enjoy S&S when you do start it. It's a great read, one of my faves. Now that I think of it, it's been much too long since I read it last!

Happy week of reading!

http://therelentlessreader.blogspot.com/

Between the Bind said...

Happy reading this week! Looks great. :)

Check out what I'm reading at Between the Bind