Friday, July 27, 2012

Theme Thursday: Time



Hosted by Reading Between the Pages

Rules
  • A theme will be posted each week (on Thursday’s)
  • Select a conversation/snippet/sentence from the current book you are reading
  • Mention the author and the title of the book along with your post
  • It is important that the theme is conveyed in the sentence (you don’t necessarily need to have the word)
*Link back to Reading Between the Pages

And this week's theme is Time (Clock, Hours, Minutes, Seconds, etc). 


Here is mine from Murder at the Portland Variety by M. J. Zellnik:
From the moment she entered the lobby of Crowther's Portland Variety, Libby Seale could tell something was amiss. (p. 1) 

Where are those moving men? I must be at my train in five minutes! There are nothing but lazy, no-good people in this city. They must hurry...I will stay in this city not a minute longer than I have to!


3 comments:

fredamans said...

Easy find for you on page 1! LOL Great snippets too!

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

Great finds! Thanks for sharing...and for visiting my blog.

neer said...

I love the frantic, cursing tone of the second sentence.