Saturday, May 3, 2014

Saturday Snapshot

West Metro Mommy Reads

Saturday Snapshot is hosted by West Metro Mommy Reads. To participate in Saturday Snapshot: post a photo that you (or a friend or family member) have taken then leave a direct link to your post in the Mister Linky below. Photos can be old or new, and be of any subject as long as they are clean and appropriate for all eyes to see. How much detail you give in the caption is entirely up to you. Please don’t post random photos that you find online.

As I mentioned on April 19 (last time I posted), I have been scanning pictures for a family heritage Facebook page. These are some of the finds in my mom and dad's collection of photos.

This is my Great-Grandma and Grandpa Bunch's wedding photo (circa 1912).


And an anniversary photo taken sometime in the 1960s.

10 comments:

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

I love the old photos...notice how the man is always sitting while the wife stands?

Thanks for sharing...and for visiting my blog.

Bev Hankins said...

I wonder (as a nicer spin than male chauvinism--which is always possible :-) ) if the man was seated because he was taller than the woman?

Deb Nance at Readerbuzz said...

I'm always interested in old photos. Lucky you to have these of your family.

Paulita said...

They look so innocent in that first photo. Very sweet.

grammajudyb said...

Wonderful to have the old photos to share with family. So important to know who is in the photo. My mom had lots that I have no idea who they are now that she is gone. Makes me sad.

Louise said...

Old photos are fabulous, these are special.

Anonymous said...

Wow... what a wonderful keepsake these photos are, esp. the 1912 wedding photo of your great grandparents. Thanks for sharing.

Susan Lindquist said...

I'm always intrigued by old photos - love looking at what people wore, the styles of jewelry and glasses and such, how people posed, the names of the studios on some of the old portraits, etc. Bet you're having a good time matching folks up over time to see how they aged and changed over time! What a neat project!

Harvee said...

Nice to have old family photographs to hand down to the rest of the family!
Harvee
Book Dilettante

westmetromommy said...

What great pictures! I love old photos like this!