Saturday, November 5, 2016

Color Coded and Read It Again, Sam Reading Challenges

For the past several years I have considered retiring either the Color Coded or the Read It Again, Sam Reading Challenge (or both) and each time fans have requested that I keep them going. The Read It Again, Sam Challenge has had very little interest this year (an average of four review posts per month). I am willing to run them again if I get substantial interest. If there is enough demand, I will probably set them up on the same initial post and Headquarters link...and will change the review postings for Read It Again, Sam to a year-long (perpetual) link rather than monthly link ups.

If you have been a participant and love these challenges OR if you think they sound great and want to participate for the first time in 2017, then please indicate your interest in either one of the challenges or both in the poll I've set up on my side bar.

Thanks!

6 comments:

TracyK said...

I am so sorry, Bev. I really thought I had linked up my re-reads for 2016 early in the year but they are not there so I must be mistaken. I have linked up all my rereads so far in the November link post, and will have at least one more before the end of the year.

I will participate again if you do the Read It Again, Sam challenge, because I will be re-reading some authors regardless, but I do understand if you decide not to.

Bev Hankins said...

TracyK...did you vote?

TracyK said...

Yes I did, Bev.

Libby U said...

Brilliant, I was planning to re-read a bunch of books in 2017 on my Kindle. I want to document them in my Moleskine Reading Journal. Hope you continue!

Sue said...

I voted but thought I would comment, as well. I like the color challenge because it is a challenge and I have to really search my piles sometimes and it gets TBRs done. I do the Read It Again because I'm a re-reader, especially via audio, so I will do that whether I track or not. So if you want to do other challenges and retire that one, it works for me. I just enjoy hanging out in your space!

Bev Hankins said...

Sue, thanks for the feedback. I'm so glad you like hanging out here! It's looking like both will be on offer next year. I'm letting the poll run out before deciding for sure, but it looks like folks do want these back.