I'm a little behind on signing up for my 2017 reading challenges. Obviously, the Vintage Mystery Reading Challenge is the one that is nearest and dearest to my heart. It's the first reading challenge I sponsored and if I had to choose only one genre to read for the rest of my life, it would definitely be mysteries. I've decided to run another year's worth of mystery hunting with a second round of the Vintage Mystery Cover Scavenger Hunt with slightly different score cards.
Your mission, should you choose to accept it, will be to find as many objects on the scavenger hunt list as possible. As has been the case for Vintage Bingo you may play along in either the Golden (Pre-1960) or Silver (1960-1989, inclusive) Mystery Eras (or, for the more adventurous, both). See check lists below.
* All books must be from the mystery category (crime fiction, detective fiction, espionage, etc.). The mystery/crime must be the primary feature of the book--ghost stories, paranormal, romance, humor, etc are all welcome as ingredients, but must not be the primary category under which these books would be labeled at the library or bookstore.
*Challenge runs from January 1, 2016 to December 31, 2016.
13. The Body Missed the Boat by Jack Iams (1947) [Map/Chart] (3/6/17)
14. Thrilling Stories of the Railway by Victor L. Whitechurch (1912) [Train] (3/9/17)
15. Murder at Government House3 by Elspeth Huxley (1937) [Telephone] (3/14/17)
16. Trixie Belden & the Gatehouse by Julie Campbell (1951) [Blonde] (3/16/17)
17. The Green Turtle Mystery by Ellery Queen, Jr. (1944) [Green Object] (3/19/17)
18. Fit to Kill by Hans C. Owen (1937) [Graveyard] (3/22/17)
19. I Could Murder Her by E. C. R. Lorac (1951) [Broken Object] (4/7/17)
20. A Grave Case of Murder by Roger Bax (1951) [Other Building--Church] (4/10/17)
21. Murder Comes First by Frances & Richard Lockridge (1951) [Bottle/Glass] (4/11/17)
22. Who Is the Next? by Henry Kitchell Webster (1931) [Plane] (4/24/17)
23. Deadly Nightshade by Elizabeth Daly (1940) [Mask] (5/19/17)
13. Death Cracks a Bottle by Kenneth Giles (1969) [Bottle] (5/13/17)
14. The Mystery of the Talking Skull by Robert Arthur (1969) [Map/Chart] (5/13/17)
15. Murder in Mount Holly by Paul Theroux (1969) [Blue Object] (5/15/17)