Friday, November 3, 2017

Color Coded Challenge 2018: My Sign-Up





I keep thinking that I've used up all the shades of brown on my TBR piles (I insist on having the color in my titles) and I keep finding another. In fact, I just went through my books on Goodreads and have set up a spreadsheet of color-related titles and it looks like I'm good for several years. So, I'm signing up for my Color Coded Reading Challenge in 2018.

Here's the basic rule: Read nine books in the following categories. For more details, check out the link above.

1. A book with "Blue" or any shade of Blue (Turquoise, Aquamarine, Navy, etc) in the title/on the cover.

Mystery of the Blue Train by Agatha Christie (5/28/18)

2. A book with "Red" or any shade of Red (Scarlet, Crimson, Burgandy, etc) in the title/on the cover.

Red Warning by Virgil Markham (1/25/18)

 
3. A book with "Yellow" or any shade of Yellow (Gold, Lemon, Maize, etc.) in the title/on the cover.

The Yellow Fairy Book by Andrew Lang [ed by Brian Alderson] (7/25/18) 

4. A book with "Green" or any shade of Green (Emerald, Lime, Jade, etc) in the title/on the cover.

Green for a Grave by Manning Lee Stokes (3/13/18)


5. A book with "Brown" or any shade of Brown (Tan, Chocolate, Beige, etc) in the title/on the cover.
The Tale of Brownie Beaver by Arthur Scott Bailey (8/19/18)

6. A book with "Black" or any shade of Black (Jet, Ebony, Charcoal, etc) in the title/on the cover.

Black Beauty by Anna Sewell [illustrated classic] (6/9/18)
 

7. A book with "White" or any shade of White (Ivory, Eggshell, Cream, etc) in the title/on the cover.
The White Cottage by Margery Allingham (1/1/18)

8. A book with any other color in the title/on the cover (Purple, Orange, Silver, Pink, Magneta, etc.).

The Pink Camellia by Temple Bailey (2/5/18)

9. A book with a word that implies color (Rainbow, Polka-dot, Plaid, Paisley, Stripe, etc.).
The Blind Spot by John Creasey (8/23/18)

No comments: